Events throughout the day
Blossburg V.I.B.E. Presents “Shop SmallTown” on Small Business Saturday
Stop into Blossburg on Saturday, November 25th to get a start on your holiday shopping. Businesses in Blossburg will be running specials and events throughout the day, along with local craft and art vendors, and community groups.
Receipt Raffle – Purchase anything for any price at a store in Blossburg on November 25th, write your name and contact information on the back and place your receipt in one of the collection boxes for a chance to win a basket filled with items and gift cards from Blossburg area businesses!
Shop Small Totes – Visit Blossburg retail locations and get your free reusable Shop Small tote celebrating Small Business Saturday!
But! We know you can’t just shop ’til you drop, so we have lots going on for you and your family. Read below for the day’s events, businesses, and specials
Print out a copy of our 2016 Business Directory that you can get here: 2016-business-directory
Use Instagram? Post a picture of yourself and your friends having fun at the Blossburg Shop SmallTown event! Use the hashtag #BlossburgVIBE
Pictures with Santa
- At the Victoria Theatre from Noon to 2:00 pm
- Take a selfi/take your own photos with Santa, a candy cane from his helper “Gordy the Elf” and a special gift for each child
Movie at the Victoria Theatre (Free)
- Movie: ELF
- Show times at 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm, and 7:00 pm
- Movie concessions available for purchase all day
- Click here for the Santa Mail template. Drop it off in the mailbox to the North Pole and receive a letter back from Mr. Claus himself.
- Santa Mail is located at the Victoria Theatre from Nov. 20 to 26 and the Blossburg Post Office from Nov. 27 to Dec. 2
You’re never too old for a (soft) snowball fight! Gather friends and family near Riverside Plaza
Businesses and Vendors
Support the Salvation Army by making a donation in their “Red Kettle”
Blossburg Memorial Library
- Bake Sale, Games
- 1:30 – Adult Chair Yoga Demonstration
- 2:30 – Kids Yoga Demonstration
- 3:00 – Reading of the Polar Express by Librarian Lis
- Free Book for every Kid attending the book reading
Visit the Blossburg Library for a family-friendly and fun afternoon during Blossburg’s Small Town Christmas event on Saturday, November 25th from 12 to 4pm. The library will host a variety of activities and games in the downstairs Community Room, featuring a special reading of Chris Van Allsburg’s The Polar Express by librarian Lis Miranda at 3pm. Every child who attends the reading will receive a free book! There will be a special display of an operating antique toy train which is sure to please both young and old! In addition, a bake sale will be held to support the library and there will be basket raffle tickets available. With free hot beverages and cookies, the library will be the perfect place for families and individuals to warm up during the town’s festivities. We will have a chair yoga demo at 1:30 and a kids yoga demo at 2:30 by Sue Greene, our yoga instructor. Something for everybody – fun for all!
First Citizens Community Bank
- 8:30- 12 noon – Stop in to say Hi and have a cookie!
- An “Angel Tree” will be set up in First Citizens Community Bank. Please stop in and adopt a local child or family to help them celebrate the holidays
Bloss Holiday Market
- Mini Meat Sale – Friday December 24 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday December 25 8 am to 6 pm
- Free Holiday Market mug with the purchase of a $50 Gift Card (while supplies last)
242 Coffee Company
- Get a preview of Blossburg’s Christmas Show, ‘Tis the Season’, with Christmas caroling performers from 11am – 2pm. Get in the spirit and buy a ticket to the show.
- Enjoy a mystery cupcake for a chance to win dinner and movie, a 242 gift card and mug, a holiday cookie tray, a half dozen cupcakes or $100 cash. Red sprinkles inside your cupcake makes you a winner!
- Holiday drink specials all day to warm you up and keep you shopping. Try a ‘Santa Baby’ with white chocolate, butterscotch and caramel or our Christmas Cider with cinnamon, vanilla and hot apple cider.
- 9 am to 4 pm – Mrs. Santa handing out Candy
- Sign up for a free drawing for a piece of Polish Pottery
- Store discounts
Age in Place Home Care (new business at 248 Main St. – Corner of Main and Carpenter)
“Helping Seniors and the Physically Disabled stay in the comfort and safety of their own homes”
Stop in and enjoy our hot chocolate bar and snacks. We would love to meet you and talk about all the services that can assist you and your family.
The Brick Tavern
Wine and Design lighted glass block – 2 pm – 4 pm $40.00
purchase tickets at www.wineanddesign.com
Stop in for some Eggnog
All day meal specials
- Starting at 9 am – Prize Giveaway every 30 minutes
- Homemade Soup – $4.29/Quart
- Veggie Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Prime Rib Sandwich with cup of soup – $7.99
- Surprise Giveaways!
10% off all purchases – 9 am to 3:30pm
Carl Hesse’s World Famous Tattoos
Stop in and make an appointment
20% off All Tattoos the month of December
Gift Cards available
11 am to 3 pm – Come make some Reindeer Food and a Christmas ornament Free!
Boy Scouts Troop 69
11 am to 3 pm
Selling Hot Dogs, Hot Chocolate and Homemade Christmas Wreaths
Local Area Churches
Advent Calendars, Christmas Crafts, Nativity Coloring Kit
Cookies and Hot Cider
Tice Maple Products
Maple Syrup and Maple Candies
Dried Fruits and Cinnamon Stick Decorations
Wooden christmas trees, snowmen, signs
Walk around and pick up some maple syrup, a wreath, or buy a scarf to keep warm from one of our local vendors
Like our event? Thank our sponsors:
Williamson Road Foundation
A Project of
Created in 2004, Blossburg V.I.B.E. (Visions in Business & Entertainment) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that envisions, plans and implements projects to enhance the quality of life for those who live, work, play or attend school in Blossburg. For more information about Blossburg V.I.B.E. or to make a donation, visit us at http://www.blossburgvibe.comShare