A Small Town Christmas in Blossburg, PA - Nov. 30th from 4 to 7 pm.
Join us as we celebrate the season!
November 30th - 4-7 pm
Main Street, Blossburg
A Small Town Christmas in Blossburg to host new event: VIBE Chili Cook-off
November 30, 2013 – Bring your family to celebrate the season on November 30th from 4-7pm as Blossburg VIBE presents the second annual “Small Town Christmas in Blossburg.” Main Street will be closed for the event and lined with food and craft vendors, Christmas tree sales, ice skating, Santa and new this year…a Chili Cook-off!
Get ready to spice up your holiday season with the Blossburg VIBE Chili Cook-off! If you are interested in being a chili chef for the event, grab a registration form at www.blossburg.org/smalltown. Public tasting will determine the champion. Purchase a wristband for $3 to sample all of the chili, each person also receives 3 beans to vote for their favorite. Public tasting will take place from 4pm – 6pm or until the chili runs out. The Chili Cook-off Champion will be announced at 6:30pm and awarded $100 and trophy.
The Victoria Theater will be having a free showing of “It’s a Wonderful Life” sponsored by Ward Manufacturing. Show times at the theater will be 2:00pm and 7:00pm. Purchase and enjoy great popcorn and candy!
Decades of Beauty will be hosting Pictures with Santa by Julie Nowak. It wouldn’t be a visit with Santa without a candy cane from “Gordy the Elf,” donated by First Citizens Community Bank. 4 x 6 pictures will be $5.00. Prints will be available for pick-up at Decades of Beauty the following Wednesday from 1:30 – 5:30 or can be mailed to you directly.
As you visit Santa, you can drop off your letter to the North Pole! Your little one can write a letter to Santa, drop in the Santa Mailbox and will get a return letter from Santa before Christmas! Forms will be available at the event near Santa Mail and you can also print them in advance at www.blossburg.org/smalltown. You can drop your letter off the night of the event or anytime at the Blossburg Post Office until December 9th.
Bring your ice skates! Area businesses will sponsor an ice skating rink! Some size ice skates will be available for use. Nothing makes it feel more like Christmas than skating downtown under lights with hot chocolate!
Bloss Hardware will have Christmas trees for sale! They will also have extended store hours during Small Town Christmas. Right after Thanksgiving is the perfect time to put up your tree!
Stop by Toddler University Daycare and Preschool to make reindeer food! Help Rudolph find your house! They also will be making ornament crafts and Free Christmas cookie decorating. Sugar cookies made by Laura Lee’s Cakes. Icing and sprinkles donated by Bloss Holiday Market.
Carl Hesse’s World Famous Route 6 Tattoo will be doing $5.00 and up Holiday Henna Tattoos. Gift cards available as Christmas gifts too!
The Brick Tavern will have FREE Snowman Sundaes for children 12 and under! A little sweet treat on Main Street!
Food Vendors will be available to fill your belly with hot soups, sandwiches, burgers & fries, Pork BBQ, Bergy’s Pizza, Asian Cuisine, Kettle Corn and an assortment of baked goods. To warm you up for the evening, enjoy hot chocolate, coffee, and hot apple cider!
Blossburg Vibe will also be hosting a Food Drive for the local food pantry. You will find large wrapped boxes on either side of Main Street available for you to place a non-perishable item in. Please share your Christmas with another family!
A Small Town Christmas in Blossburg will be a merry start to your holiday season! For an event map and the Santa Mail form, please visit www.blossburg.org/smalltown. If you have any questions the day of the event, look for a VIBE member wearing a red and white scarf!
- Some events include:
- It's a Wonderful Life - at the Victoria Theatre
- Take pictures with Santa by Julie Nowak at Decades of Beauty. “It wouldn’t be a visit with Santa without a candy cane from Gordy the Elf,” said organizer Jill Nickerson. A 4x6 print will be $5.00.
- Special Santa Mailbox - As you visit Santa, you can drop off your letter to the North Pole! Your little one can write a letter to Santa, drop in the Santa Mailbox and will get a return letter from Santa before Christmas! Forms will be available at the event near Santa Mail and you can also print them in advance from here adrop ynd our letter off the night of the event or anytime afterward at the Blossburg Post Office until December 9th.
- Kettle Korn & Apple Cider
- Christmas Caroling by Seventh Day of Advent Church
- Fill your belly with chili, hot soups, burgers & fries, pork BBQ, handmade Asian cuisine and an assortment of baked goods. To warm you up for the evening, enjoy hot chocolate, coffee, hot apple cider and eggnog!
- Chili Cook-off - NEW this year - If you're here to make it or here to taste it, we're sure you'll have a great time. You can grab the Chili Cook Off application here!
- Bring your ice skates! Nothing makes it feel more like Christmas than skating downtown under lights with hot chocolate! Sponsored by area businesses.
- Food Drive - drop off your non parishable goods for the local food pantry.
- Christmas Trees - We'll be kicking off the Christmas Tree selling season! Stop down and grab your christmas tree while you're here!
If you are interested in being a vendor for this event, please send in the registration form, found here.
If you have any questions the day of the event, look for a V.I.B.E. member wearing a red and white scarf and Santa hat!
Blossburg V.I.B.E. is asking visitors to make a contribution to Matthew 25 food pantry that benefits Blossburg-area residents. Large wrapped boxes on either side of Main Street will be available to collect non-perishable items in. Please share your holiday abundance with another family!
Blossburg V.I.B.E. (Visions in Business and Entertainment) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created in 2004 to envision, plan and implement projects that enhance the quality of life for those who live, work, play or attend school in Blossburg, Pennsylvania.