BLOSSBURG, Dec. 19 — Blossburg V.I.B.E. (Visions in Business & Entertainment) announced the winners of the Light Up the Holidays house decorating contest after judging displays in five categories Sunday night. The judges followed every street in the borough to find the best decorated homes. “The weather has really cooperated for decorating outside. It seemed that more houses were decorated than last year,” said judge Jill Nickerson, Blossburg V.I.B.E. vice president. “The competition has increased. We were glad to see several entries in our new category ‘Green Christmas’ that honors energy-efficient LED displays.”
- Green Christmas: Leslie & Sherry Powers, 140 Davis St
- Most Christmas Spirit: Jenn Barrett & Rich Williams, 213 Granger St. (includes music!)
- Victorian: Ray & Pat Kaminski, 242 South Williamson Rd.
- Whimsical: Frank & Phun Wasowitz, 158 St. Mary’s St.
- Best business display: Decades of Beauty, 240 Main St.
Several of last year’s winners were all beautifully decorated again; however, they are not eligible to win until next year.
Pictures available here: Photo Gallery